Sunday 11 May 2008

Last Thoughts: D.I.E

♪ Chao Xi Huan Ni~ Fahrenheit

That man in the image is Roger Kwok, Star of the latest 'new age' TVB drama, D.I.E.
I finished the drama last night, which included ending 1 and ending 2.
Needless to say, I'd have to go against the Hker's on the issue of endings. I preferred the original ending. The one Roger Kwok died in, because it was a dramatic twist, poignant and really told to fate of true love that nothing is ever perfect. That was why D.I.E was portayed as, that the 'cold cases' were never ever really simple. [despite wong sir's thoughts].
I don't like revealing spoilers, so i'm going to keep mum about the events of the last episode.

Let's talk about ending 2, The ending that pleases the Hkers, the happy ending. i was pleasantly surprised because it was fun and it poked fun at the audience and raised awareness for anti-piracy. The old cast came back plus the new addition of bobby au yeung who was incidentally, the guy that killed Roger.

The issue that it raises is how HKERS take dramas wayy to seriously. I mean, its a drama, its not a happy ending [ it technically was, but not happy enough] *sigh* I give up on their endless complaints.





No comments: