Saturday 14 June 2008

Vampire Knight: FIRST IMPRESSIONS

♪ LIPS~megamasso

Firstly, I'd like to say that I'm not usually an anime watcher. I used to be, but that died down along with my baby fat. and also, I will add screencaps later, when i'm not blogging at 1 in the morning.

I decided to watch the first episode of Vampire Knight to see what was all the hype about. My cousins are fanatical about it and did cosplay the characters this year at the recent MCM expo. Obviously, it's becoming increasingly popular due to the MASSIVE hype about Vampire Lore nowadays, for example, Vampire Knight and the recently popular Edward Cullen, from Twilight.

So Vampire Knight- as any shoujo manga does, it starts with humour. Alot of humour and this reinforces the chemistry between Zero and Yuuki, two of the main characters. Long story cut short- Yuuki Cross is the adopted daughter of the chairman of the school, Zero is treated as one of the family through other consequences[these consequences are the skeleton of the anime], They are prefects and protect the truth of the night-school students: They are all vampires.
Zero's character hints alot of dark moments that are to come in the manga.

On first impressions, I really did enjoy watching the first episode. It has so much potential to be good. As many people have said, it borders on the darker version of Ouran High school Host Club, and I couldn't agree more. this really fueled my enthusiasm again for anime and manga.
[although, my brother's obsession of Bleach is slightly drawing me in too=)]

No comments: