Wednesday 2 July 2008

Gokusen Season 3 [UPDATE]

♪ Niji~ Aquatimez
The third season of Gokusen has finally finished airing, personally i haven't finished watching it yet, but I'm doing quite well, I am on the penultimate episode. But like my earlier predictions, it certainly didn't strike me as very special. It was predictable and warm, just like the previous two seasons. I guess, its something to be comfortable with. It's a feel good drama, and it lives up to its name.

Critacally, the only thing that saves this drama is Yankumi and Headmaster Sawatari, who were at their best. The only reason why i watched it. The new rising stars of Johnny's entertainment and the other agencies did not have the same impact as Matsumoto Jun in the first season. The main leads were mediocre, Takaki Yuya has no personality, not until the penultimate episode. However, on the high note, some actors such as Miura Haruma and some of the other boys are incredibly well driven and performed well, many for the first time. I will be looking forward to more dramas by them. However, I honestly have to say, this season's JE boys are looking disappointing. But, Maybe it's just me because they are all so young, and hence there is no attraction to them, unlike seasons 1 and 2 which were my senior and were delectable at the time.

I'm not surprised to hear of Gokusen's low average watch rating of 22.5%, it's mediocre at it's best.
I'm hoping the third installment of Hana Yori Dango would fare much better than this.



No comments: